Friday, August 03, 2007

Quick Update

Nothing new or exciting going on; pretty much the usual routine.

Thermospas

The control panel on my hot tub has been malfunctioning. The technician was supposed to come by today (Friday) – but called yesterday (Thursday) from my house. Said he was able to come by early, looked at the control unit and it was functioning properly.

It is not. It’s still got a short or malfunction in the light switch which also keeps causing the circuit breaker to trip.

It’s not like it’s an intermittent failure – it’s not working all the time so I don’t know how the guy decided it was OK.

I wish he had stuck with the appointment so I would have been there. Instead, now we’re playing phone tag and I’ll have to work around my work schedule – AGAIN – so I can be there.

The technician was all happy on the phone when he called. Everything checked out so he was going to put it down as no service call needed and thus save me the standard service charge.

Here’s how I see it – he did not save me a service charge.

Bottom line – here’s what he did – and didn’t do.

He didn’t keep our scheduled appointment – which I had rearranged MY schedule so I could be there. He didn’t replace the control panel. He didn’t fix the problem.

I now have to play phone tag with him. My rearranged schedule has me in Butner tomorrow (Saturday), NCSU on Monday, back to Butner Tuesday and Wednesday, and back to NCSU next Friday. Thursday could work out but I’d rather be in the office getting MY work done.

And – during this whole time the hot tub will NOT be working.

He did NOT save me a service call charge.

What he DID do was thoroughly piss me off.

I wish people would keep their appointments and do what they say they’ll do.

Grrrrrrr

Work

Work is going great. We’re in the busy season trying to get a lot of University projects completed before classes start. It looks like I’ll be out in the field a lot between now and the beginning of September.

Football

Speaking of September – Fall football practice officially begins today.

I really like the coaching and staff change we’ve made at NCSU. I think Coach Tom O’Brien is a quality guy who will bring consistency and discipline to the team. With TOB in charge – I think we’ve got the potential to be a top contender over the next 10 to 15 years.

Of course, the rest of the ACC has potential too. Well, except for Duke.

Down at FSU, Bobby Bowden has basically overhauled his staff. With Jimbo Fisher in charge of the offense and Chuck Amato back running the defense – I can easily see FSU getting back to it’s domination of college football. In the long run - FSU could be the one team that might consistently stand in the way of NCSU being able to win our division – going to the ACC Championship game – and playing in a BCS bowl.

Of course, there’s always Virginia Tech to contend with in the other division.

Among the rest – Miami, UNC, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Maryland and Boston College - all have aspirations of joining the football elite on a regular basis. Looking at the other school’s coaches and staff plus fan support and commitment to their programs - I really think that long term – it could shake down to FSU, VT and NCSU.

Time will tell.

TOB did say the other day in an interview that he wants an indoor football practice facility. Estimates are in the $10 million ballpark.

Where did I put my checkbook . . . . .?

Raccoon Update

I’m up early this morning because mama raccoon brought her 3 kitts around at 4 AM!!!! They weren’t looking for food – they were playing around and climbing all over stuff on the deck. Basically knocking stuff around and making a lot of noise which woke me up.

I shall have to speak to mama raccoon about proper etiquette.

No comments: