Monday, January 08, 2007

Party Animals

It's 8:15.

One dog is asleep on the sofa. The other is asleep on the rug. I've got a small fire in the fireplace. It's already burned down to embers. Roommate has gone upstairs to go to bed.

I started dozing in my chair and just woke up in time for the BCS National Championship Game. Can I stay awake long enough to see the kickoff?

Magic 8 Ball says - "unlikely".

Yep - we're party animals out here in the country.

Addendum

I was able to stay up till half time. Florida opened up a can of whup arse on Ohio State. Went to bed and found out this morning I had pretty much seen the whole game by half time.

Dogs got up when they heard me get up and we all went out for a 'walk'. Well, they went out for a 'walk' - I just walked.

So far the only adjustment to my routine is instead of lolly gagging around in bed listening to the radio for my usual 10 to 15 minutes - I'll actually have to get up and take them outside.

Otherwise they'd have to wait for Nuke'em to get get up and come downstairs. By that time, they'd be walking around like little ballerinas with their legs crossed.

No comments: