Thursday, November 30, 2006

November 30, 2006



St. Martin / Maarten

Boze and I have been here before. We booked the day trip to Orient Beach. What a beautiful place. Really windy. So windy that beach umbrellas wouldn’t stay in the ground. But, the wind kept us cool.

Lunch and booze was included in the trip to the beach. Wish we could have stayed there longer but the ship leaves (or rather left) at 1500.

Walked down to the au natural beach. Been there, done that, have the tee shirt.

Well, no tee shirts there.

I frankly don’t get what the big deal is all about. People have this fascination with nude beaches. So what?

Actually, it seems to be Americans that have this fascination with nude beaches. Europeans don’t. It’s just a beach. I don’t think I’d every go clothing optional, but I could care less if the couple next to me do. I mean, who the hell cares? Besides, after about 5 minutes there, you don’t even notice anymore.

Heading up to the pool in a few minutes for the “Pool Olympics”. All cruise lines do that – it’s a lot of fun to participate or watch.

For the very first time I have second seating dinner. I hate it. Much too late. That will never happen again. DB has early seating so he’s not with us. One of the best parts of a cruise is meeting for dinner and talking. JN, DB and I all wish we were eating together. We might order room service and eat in D’s room tonight. He has a suite on the concierge deck and it has a dinning table.

The dinning mix up is the only blemish on the trip – but everything else has been a blast. We’re all having a great time.

Heading towards Nassau through the Bermuda Triangle tonight and tomorrow. The Captain has instructed us to watch for flying saucers. If any are sighted we are to call the bridge immediately. They might be some of his Norwegian relatives trying to visit the ship.

Oh cool. Nuke just came in the room and set down a mug of beer on the desk beside me. Don't know if the beer is for me or if he was just setting it there. But, he's in the bathroom taking a shower and this beer sure is good.

Hurdy Gurdy.

No comments: