Monday, July 07, 2008

July Fourth Weekend

July 4th weekend was pretty much the same as any other weekend.

I went to Depot Park in Sanford and listened to a little music and people watched but only stayed about an hour. It was just too darn hot.

Saturday and Sunday I just stayed around the house and did chores and such.

I did spend some time working on the blog format.

I switched some items over to blogger’s new Blog List feature. There are a couple nice things about using the Blog List. It opens the link in a new window which I like. Most importantly, it shows if there have been any new postings or updates and gives a time frame. That is a very cool and useful feature.

Unfortunately, it’s a bit buggy. It won’t accept my nephew’s URL. It changes it to the URL that you see if you click on it. It shows Adrian’s blog’s updated links – but not his own text and his own blog. Adrian thinks it might be some sort of anti-spam feature that’s still got some kinks.

Also, it wouldn’t accept at all the URL for www.anysoldier.com. I hope that’s just a bug and not social engineering on the part of Google. Blog List also complained about radioparadise – but it did accept the link (although I changed it back to a regular link).

So – due to Google blogger buggery – “personal” blogs are in the new blog list format. “Commercial” links are still in a regular link format (along with my photos and video links).

I also added the subscribe feature for those who want to go the RSS route.

One last minor change was to limit the posts to 6 per page. That's plenty vs. the waaay too many before. That might speed up page loads by a nanosecond.

The end result seems to break things up a bit and, to me, looks like it might be easier to spot the link you’re looking for. Actually, I think it works out nicely overall.

No comments: