Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I Forgot (Again)

In my last post, I forgot that I went to see a movie this past weekend - WALL-E.

Which kind of sums up my review.

Wall-E is nowhere near as good as the bandwagon reviews would have you believe. It's good, it's cute, it's funny - and there's the neat sly references to 2001 and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Overall though, the 'message' was too overbearing for me.

Before the movie there was a short cartoon - Presto that was great.

This was lifted from WIRED - I hope that makes it OK to use.

It's slapstick sight gags so you loose a whole lot on the small screen vs. the big screen. Like the post it note beside his cage which says "Feed The Rabbit". Kind of important - but you can't see it on a small monitor.

1 comment:

daveboseman said...

I have been reading all of the rave reviews, but have resisted after realizing it was a "message" movie.