Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sick

I’m sick. As in very, very sick.

Tuesday I started getting a lot of congestion – it was just the usual sinus flare up. By Wednesday it was clear that this was a little more intense than usual.

But the real kicker came Thursday. We were having an all day meeting in the conference room – adjacent to the reception area.

Our receptionist is a very nice, sweet lady. But – I think her sense of smell may be diminished. She sometimes wears a LOT of perfume. I mean - you can actually taste it on the back of your tongue when you walk through her area.

For me – it’s sinus death. I actually hold my breath sometimes when walking to or from the elevators past her area to get to my office.

So, the whole day Thursday, I’m breathing this stuff in and my sinuses are going into overdrive. Producing an unbelievable amount of fluid in response to her perfume – for the whole 8 hour day.

By the end of the day – I’m feeling pretty miserable.

There was so much draining down my throat and into my stomach – by the time I got home – my throat was raw from coughing and I actually threw up. Not the gross throw up – just the clear mucus stuff that my stomach decided it had enough of.

Thursday night was awful and so was Friday at work. I was up by 4 AM so I went on in to the office. I finally came home early afternoon and I’ve been in bed until now. In fact, after I post this, I’m going back to bed.

So – right now – my throat feels like its on fire, my sinuses are stopped up solid, very painful and throbbing, my eyeballs ache and I can’t eat or swallow.

We all get bugs and colds and such - the usual stuff. This is honestly the most miserable I've felt in at least a couple of years. And it's not even a cold - just a sinus / allergy reaction.

Back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, dude, No one deserves to be sick on their birthday.

C-Dizzle

daveboseman said...

sorry you're sick. Get well by tomorrow for all the partying. Oh yeah, I forgot.

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor thing! Your description almost made me low. Give yourself a gift of a two-week health spa. Then before you return to work, issue an edict to that overly-perfumed woman! (It likely affects everyone!)
Happy B-Day. Love yourself and get better soon. :)
mike of reston