Saturday, April 28, 2007

HDTV


Nephew and Niece gave me their flat screen Hi Definition TV.

Larry the Cable Guy came this week and installed the CableCard (I despise set top boxes) as well as changed a couple of cables in the house that had degraded plus he boosted the signal at the connection out at the street corner.

I'm already hooked on Hi Def programming - the picture is so vivid. I called Charter this morning and added their HD Tier. Which is a rip off - $9 for 8 additional HD Channels. But I now get ESPN and ESPN2 (but not The Ocho) which will be great during college football and college basketball season. I also already watch Discovery a lot and Discovery HD is targeted right at me.

My grandfather used to like nature shows as well. He would have loved Discovery HD. I think he's where I picked up watching the wild animal shows. Remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?

1 comment:

Ward said...

Watched HDTV while in SF and can recommend the travel channel - Rick Steves.