Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yard Work

Nuke helped me install fabric and wood chips in part of the back yard a couple of weeks ago. I’m going to plant a vegetable garden in that area. It turned out so nice looking that I’ve decided to do the front yard and side yard the same way.

I’ve done most of the work in the front yard and all that’s left is a bit of trimming.

These areas will become planting beds. I still haven’t decided what to plant yet.

Nuke called last night and said he’ll come up this weekend to help me with the side yard. The side yard is going to be the biggest and most complex of the areas. I expect that it will take both Saturday and Sunday to get it done.

The planting beds really improve the look of the yard and house – even without plants yet.

This is the 'before' shot of the side yard. I'll post an 'after' photo once I get the work finished. The planting bed will be in the front to the drive and down the side of the house wrapping around the back deck. There will still be yard / lawn beyond the planting bed.

I guess it’s about time I finally did some landscaping. After all, I will have only lived here 10 years this August.

I also have to order a flag pole to place in the front. A free standing flag pole will look better than the one I’ve got attached to the front porch.

Plus, Nuke’s been on my back about it ever since I first mentioned it a few months ago. If nothing else, once I get the flag pole and install it – it’ll buy me some peace and quiet.

For a little while anyway.

Wind Chimes

I purchased 3 Corinthian Bells wind chimes from windchime.com. They really sound nice. When I got home last Friday, two tubes from one of the chimes were on the deck. The strings broke. I’m guessing they were nicked when the excess line was trimmed at the factory.

Bummer.

I called windchime.com and they requested that I take photos and email them. This is the digital age. Once they get the photos, which I guess will be the proof that the chime is defective, they will send me a replacement and I’ll send back the defective chime.

Basketball

Sidney Lowe Jr., son of NC State basketball head coach Sidney Lowe, was arrested last night on armed robbery charges. From the news reports, it appears that SL Jr. has taken a wrong turn in life in the past couple of years.

Also in basketball, last night in the NIT, Clemson beat the Air Force Academy by 1 point and West By God Virginia beat Mississippi State by 1 point. Clemson and West Virginia play Thursday night for the NIT Championship.

Both the NIT and NCAA Tournaments have the top ranked power teams in the final four. In the NIT – it was all number 1 seeds. In the NCAA, it’s the number 1 and number 2 seeds. Both tournaments have been great fun to watch this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the house is looking great. When can I move in?

Has ADH left for Japan yet??

C