Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not Much New +Addendum


I just happened to have my camera with me today. Needed to download some work photos onto my office computer. Snapped this shot on the way home. Zoom in and check out the license plate frame.

Nothing much new at work. Next week I’ll be working in Winston-Salem at the NC School of the Arts.

Roomie JN is spending most of his time in Southport where his folks live so it’s been pretty quiet on the home front.

State beat Drexel in an exciting up and down game last night. Had to listen to it the old fashioned way – on the radio. TV broadcast was on ESPNUnavailable - which isn't carried by local cable. Surprisingly, most people at work seemed to like listening to the game on the radio. It was sort of nostalgic and a nice change of pace.

Next game in the NIT is at home versus Marist. Since the RBC has a concert scheduled for Friday the game will be played at our old home Reynolds Coliseum. I haven’t been in that place in almost 2 decades.

Tried to get tickets on line but the WolfPack Club / Ticket Office website just plain sucks and never works. I’ll stop by the ticket office first thing in the morning.

Marist College alumni of note is Bill O’Reilly. Marist is a liberal arts college. BO’R got the Arts part down. His version of ‘fair and balanced’ is pretty darn creative and imaginative. But I don’t think the Liberal part ‘took’ when he was in school.

The NCAA's start tomorrow (Thursday). Of course I'll be cheering for the ACC teams. Even Dook.

Addendum

The NCSU - Marist game sold out in less than 4 hours! I wasn't able to get tickets. Tickets were only available to us WolfPack Club members so I guess the other old geezers like myself really wanted to see the game. Of course there weren't as many tickets available since Reynolds holds about 8,000 vs the RBC's 20,000. Plus - we had to give an allotment of tickets to Marist College - and there's the press demand that will be higher than usual. I bet that old gym will be rocking!

On the plus side - the WolfPack Club held back two thousand tickets that will be made available to students. Which is the right thing to do. You gotta have the kids in there yelling, standing and cheering the whole game.

So - now I'll need to find a sports bar that has ESPNUnavailabe on satellite.

Welcome to the Marist Red Foxes.

Go WolfPack!

No comments: