Saturday, March 24, 2007

Erika Graduates +Addendum


Erika graduated from preschool this morning. Or something. I’m not really sure. It was all done in Japanese.

In any event, it was a very nice ceremony as you can see from the program.

I think Erika got a special certificate in recognition for not beating up the other kids this year. Yaaaay Erika.

(just kidding folks)

Here are the proud fathers taking photos and movies.

Believe it or not – I think I had the smallest, most advanced camera in the crowd.

I also took video of Erika and the kids marching in. If I can figure out how to post it – I’ll amend this entry with it.

On the way to Erika’s graduation, I got a haircut. Afterwards, I stopped by the office to do a little work and now I’m home.

I think I’ll work in the yard a little bit before the NCAA basketball games start.

UNC made a huge comeback last night to win over the University of Southern California. Next up for Carolina – Georgetown. That’s going to be a tough game.

Addendum

Carolina had a complete late game meltdown Sunday. Up by 10 points with 7 minutes left - UNC went on to miss 31 out of 41 shots and lost by 12 in overtime.

UNC has lost their last 7 overtime games.

On the plus side for UNC - even if 1 or 2 players turn professional, they'll still have a huge team of blue chip players - mostly sophomores and juniors - who will have learned from this embarrassing and humbling loss.

If they can find some leadership (and Tyler Hansbrough ain't it) - they could go undefeated next season.

On A Sad Note

The student who portrays the UNC Mascot, Rameses, was struck by a car while walking back from a convenience store to his hotel on Friday evening. The mascot and pep band travel with the team and were in New Jersey for the NCAA East Regionals.

Monday morning, Jason Ray died from his injuries.

Jason Ray was from Concord, NC. A senior majoring in Business Management; he would have graduated this spring. Ray was active with campus Christian groups, had participated with missionary trips including Honduras, achieved Dean's List on 3 occasions, and was an Eagle Scout.

Condolences to his family and friends, and to the UNC community.

No comments: