Friday, December 22, 2006

Ready for Christmas

Just got home from work.

I'm ready for Christmas.

Got the shopping done and card and package sending completed over the last 2 weekends. So, all I have to do now is sit back and enjoy the weekend.

Roomie JTN (aka JFC) is at his folk's for Christmas weekend so I've got the house all to myself.

Sister (GAH) and brother-in-law (CAH) are driving down from NoVa tomorrow and staying in Cary with ADH, MIH and EIH. We'll get together at various points Saturday, Sunday and of course, Monday. We have reservations at Irregardless Cafe for Christmas dinner. The NoVa H's will leave for home right after Christmas dinner. Their daughter and son-in-law and 2 grandsons will be returning from San Diego early Tuesday morning and they have to pick then up at BWI airport.

Hmmmm . . . Maybe I'll fix a lite dinner Christmas Eve and invite them all out. I could go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and get a pork shoulder to make some Eastern NC Bar-B-Que in the smoker / cooker. My version of a Christmas Ham. Depends on how I feel.

As it is, I've got a quiet house this weekend all to myself and I think I'll catch up on some long put off chores.

The BIG News

New neice with her Grandmother

I've acquired another great-niece. CM was born at 1307 today - 8 pounds 2 ounces, 19.5 inches and is all healthy and happy. Brother and sister-in-law are with their daughter CAM and son-in-law CM just outside Chicago for the birth and Christmas.

No Christmas travelling for me, no Christmas Dinner cooking (eating out) and a new great-niece.

I've hit the Christmas Trifecta!

No comments: