Sunday, April 02, 2006

Commuter Car


Not a very good photo - but - here is the new commuter mobile.

Went to Sanford Ford on Friday and purchased the vehicle. Price and deal was as agreed to over the phone Thursday evening with Sheila C. The actual car was in South Carolina so the dealership had to send a 2 man team to pick up the car and bring it back to Sanford. 6 hour round trip, therefore, the car was ready for me on Saturday morning.

I purchased the SES version for the standard features (power windows, mirrors, larger 16-inch wheels / tires, stronger suspension, etc.). The downside with the SES version is it comes with a wing / spoiler on the trunk. Kind of silly looking and somewhat annoying to look in the rear view mirror and see this steel band [insert calyspo music here :-) ]. But, I've already gotten used to it and even after only 30 miles of driving, my brain now ignores it.

The sunroof, excuse me - moonroof, takes a couple inches off the interior headroom. And this IS a very small car. But that's not a problem for a short person like me. And, 99% of the car's use will be as my commuter car to and from work. For carrying people, such as to football games, I use the SUV anyway.

I like driving with the roof open. I've already found myself forgetting to close it when I get out.

The steering wheel radio controls are useless. It's a very small car and one only has to reach a whopping 3-inches from the steering wheel to the dash to operate the radio. As I said before, the extra $300 for the 6 CD changer, which has the steering wheel controls, is a total waste of money. But, it was on the car and that was the only unwanted option.

Still pissed at Hertz for causing me to spend more $, but, I'm very happy with the car I've purchased.

I hope Chip likes his car repair 'loaner' vehicle.

:-)

Sendek Goes to Arizona State

Good move for Herb. He'll be very successful there. Rick Barnes is the immediate talk as the number 1 choice for NCSU. I'd like to see us try and get Mark Few.

Semi-final games last night were both blow outs. Still, a Big Way to Go to George Mason! What a great accomplishment to reach the final four.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOVE your car. I really want to ride her, er I mean in it.

DB

Anonymous said...

She's a beaut.......I can hardly wait to boorow it!

Herb WILL do well in Az.......after all, they are already used to being mediocre....

XOXOX,'
Mr. C