Thursday, April 13, 2006

Relaxing Weekend On Deck


I'm very punny - thank you.

Easter weekend includes Good Friday as a holiday. I had put in to take today (Thursday) off as well thinking I might go somewhere for the long weekend. But, I decided to just stick around the house and have a nice extra long weekend here at home.

I've just dragged out the hose and am getting ready to water the plants on the deck. Once the plants really get going, they should be some really nice looking hanging baskets. I'm hoping the jasmine vines will really grow this year and begin to climb the trellis.

Fed the squirrels earlier. Which is probably not a good idea (see earlier posts), but when they come up and beg for peanuts - it's hard to resist. The other squirrels have been watching me feed the main one - and the rest are beginning to figure it out.

The Easter Lilly is blooming like crazy - timing is perfect.

No hard and fast plans for the long weekend other than hooking up with ADH, MIH and EIH. I haven't seen E in quite a while and I need a fix. I think she has Japanese school Saturday so perhaps we'll get together Friday or Sunday. Maybe Sunday brunch somewhere. I'll email E's parental units after I finish this entry.

I'm sure I'll find something to do during the weekend. I'll work in the yard some, of course. But then maybe I'll just sit around and do nothing.

Basketball

I wonder who NC State will try and hire as our next coach now that Calipari and Barnes have both declined the job.

Never really expected Barnes to take the job. But I think Calipari played us like a cheap fiddle.

No comments: