Sunday, October 02, 2016

Weekend Update 2 OCT 2016 +Addendum



Had fun at the Wake Forest at NC State game. Winning is always more fun than losing. The defense played much better but I'm still of the opinion we need a new DC.

Our kick off, extra point and field goal kicking game last year, and so far this year, has been - let's call it - An Adventure. LOL But, Kyle Bambard kicked a 49 yard field goal. His longest - by far. The coaches say he nails his kicks in practice - hopefully this one helps his game confidence.

Still looking at a 5 and 7 record unless we pull a couple of upsets - best candidates are Notre Dame next week and maybe Miami further down the road. But - don't count chickens yet.

Notre Dame game next weekend is going to be fun.

Ouch

Speaking of long field goals -

UNC-CHeats pulled a big one out their butt at Florida State.

Amazing 54 yard field goal to win it with just 4 seconds left. Just amazing. UNC should give big time thanks to the crimi'Noles for helping them out. A 15 yard pass interference got them close enough to even try.



UNC is on track to go 10 - 2. Wonder if their fans will start showing up for their home games?


Home and Work

I'm always saying there's nothing new to report. That's because I live a typical boring life. Which is good.

Work is doing just fine. Pretty much routine. Which I guess means I've got all my work and projects under control and moving smoothly. I don't like problems and putting out fires - in construction, they are almost always avoidable. After 30 years, I guess I finally know what I'm doing - more or less.

The biggest thing on my radar? Going to Target and getting a new Sonicare toothbrush. Mine died yesterday morning. I don't know if I even remember how to brush my teeth without an electric toothbrush.

Yep - that's it.

Oh yeah - the grass needs cutting.

Addendum

Notre Dame at NC State - Noon Kickoff - ABC Nationwide Broadcast.

I foresee country ham biscuits in my tailgaing future.

1 comment:

Ward said...

It could be very wet and windy...hope not.