Sunday, October 30, 2016

". . . I don't know what to think yet."

Clemson - Louisville - Boston College

We won the Clemson game - except not on the scoreboard.

I felt sad but great - knowing the kids could play so well. It didn't seem like they were playing above themselves - more like they were playing to their potential.

I would have felt tons of confidence going into the Louisville game. Knowing we could go toe to toe with the best teams in the Country.

Instead - we decided to curl up in the corner and sulk.

OK - let's write off the Louisville game. Don't even look at the tape. Just forget it and focus on Boston College.

We'll get a good solid win - maybe something like 30's to 10 or so. Good for moral and get us 'back in the game'.

So what do we do? We come in listless and let BC snap their 2-year winless ACC streak.

Losing to Louisville was OK. But not how we lost - completely didn't show up for the game. The Boston College game was both losing AND how we lost.

We have lost 4 games. In ONE game we played well. The other 3 losses - ECU, Louisville and BC - it's like the team didn't even bother to show up. Once can be written off as a fluke, a learning experience, just bad luck or whatever. Three times in half a season? No [bleeping] excuse.

I hate it when people boo. I don't like it when the visiting team takes the field and people boo. I especially hate it when people boo their own team. Especially when it's kids playing the game.

The boos started lightly in the first half. By the end of the game - with the end zone interception by BC - the boos were loud - and long. Almost all of it from the west side stands - the Wolfpack Club stands.

I don't like that. But I damn sure understand it. Yesterday Coach Doeren lost his Wolfpack Club support.

I'm not exactly angry - it's is just a game. But I'm more than disappointed. I feel, not angry, but frustrated and pissed off.

I like Coach Doeren - and I think every coach deserves at least 5 years. But for me - there better be some serious signs of progress starting now and through next season.

Jason said it perfectly: "I don't know what to think yet"

No comments: