Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day

Started snowing around 9PM last night. I got a little over 5-inches here before it turned to sleet around 0600 this morning.

The sleet has compacted down the snow a bit and there's a pretty hard crunchy cover of ice on top of the snow.

It's quite pretty.

I filled up the bird feeders yesterday when I got home. The birds have both feeders pretty much covered up.

I also propped open the porch screen door and put the critter food bowls in the porch so the raccoons and possum could get to them. A couple of birds came in through the opening this morning and couldn't find their way out. It took a while, but I was able to shoo them back outside.

So, not doing much except watching the intermittent sleet and the birds feeding. And, there will be basketball on TV later.

I like snow days.

Instant Addendum

Just as soon as I posted this entry, I went to the kitchen to get some lunch - looked out the window - and there's another bird inside the porch. I'll wait a little while to see if it can find it's way back out before I bundle up to try and shoo it to freedom.

Silly birds.

No comments: