Monday, January 04, 2010

Florida 62 – NC State 61 +Addendum

Sunday’s Florida at NCSU game was one of the best games I’ve seen in quite a while. Both teams played ferocious defense the entire time. Every shot and rebound was contested. Full court pressure and back court traps on every possession.

Both teams played the entire game like it was the last five minutes in an NCAA Tournament game.

In over time NC State went on a 5 – 0 run. But Florida kept sending NCSU to the foul line. The strategy worked. State went 6 of 11 free throws in the OT.

State has a 1 point lead and the ball. Florida fouls Farnold Degand with 2.6 seconds left. Farnold makes his first free throw to make it State 61 – Florida 59. The second free throw clanks off the rim and then . . . . .



Our team just doesn’t have the pure talent that other teams have. That’s why we’re picked to finish dead last in the ACC.

But nobody plays as hard as we do. I’ve seen that in every game I’ve been to so far. This team is a thrill and a pleasure to watch.

Watching these kids play their very best – I don’t care what the final score is. I’m happy.

Addendum

I can't get away from "the shot". Seems it's all over the place. I was channel surfing and paused on FOX - Bill O'Reilly. Even he showed the replay.

BTW - to know where my seats are and my view - in the video starting at 53 seconds - that camera is behind me up at the concourse level. I'm about halfway down in section 129.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next years recruits are gonna be awesome. At least there is hope on the horizon......

C