Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Update January 10, 2010

Nothing all that interesting going on around here.

It’s still unbearably cold like it is everywhere else. I’ve built a fire just about every evening and on the weekends. In fact, I have a nice one going right now as I post this entry.

Yesterday I got the car aligned. I was there when Crossroads Ford opened – first in and first out.

Then I went to the Farmer’s Market for seed and peanuts for the birds. The 5 pound seed feeder usually lasts about 3 weeks. The peanut feeder a couple of weeks. But with this extremely cold weather, the birds have been emptying both in one week.

The raccoons are feeling the cold stress too. They tend to not feed as much in the winter. But in this cold spell – they’ve been banging on the screen door every night. The mother raccoon comes by herself. The two (remaining) offspring are still travelling together and usually come by later.

After the Farmer’s Market I went to the RBC for brunch and the game. FYI – meals at the Arena Club aren’t really worth the high cost. They’re good – but not that good.

State blew a 10 point second half lead losing to Virginia. Our free throw shooting is abysmal. Virginia’s was incredible. Virginia went 19 of 20 at the free throw line including the last 17 in a row. Wow!

Chip joined me at the game and Erika was working at the RBC as well. Had a good time visiting with them even though we lost.

My oven is self-cleaning so I cranked it on last night while I watched TV. After it finished and unlocked – I opened the door to let the heat help warm the house. Which it did. Very nicely. Not the way to heat a house – but since the residual heat was there – why not use it?

When Jason isn’t here, he turns his heat pump off and closes the door to his upstairs room / space / apartment. I went up there just to see what the temperature was – 41 degrees!

He needs to open his flag curtains and let the morning sun help warm it up (it’s a big window). But I didn’t touch anything. For those who don't know Nuke – it’s best not to poke the tiger.

Today, I’m doing nothing. I picked up a couple of steaks on sale this week so I’ll have one of them later on.

Tomorrow I head to Greensboro for a construction meeting and final inspection. It’s a pretty large project so it’s going to be a long day.

Last week I started scheduling our work into February. I just looked at my work calendar and I’ve got us loaded up. Probably too much. I’ll have to see how it goes – but I’m pretty sure it’s too ambitious and will need adjusting.

Being single I don't mind a heavy workload and long hours. But the other guys have families - it's not fair to overload them.

Blog Feature Update

My nephew, The Tokyo Google Geek*, alerted me to a blog tweak. The Next Blog>> button at the top of the page used to take you to a random blog site. Which was pretty much worthless. Google has changed that. It now tries to take you to a blog similar to the one you're on. The results can be interesting.

*Hmm - possible nickname? T2G2? This has potential. LOL

No comments: