Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday, April 19 +Addendum

 

 

 
Woke up early – around 5 AM.

Got up and watched the sun come up from the hot tub.

Later I did a load of laundry, some light house keeping, and changed part of the water in the hot tub.

I do that every weekend. I drop in a small sump pump and take the water level down to the upper water jets. Then, I fill the tub back up to just below the side control knobs. That changes about 10 or 20 percent of the water. By doing that every weekend, it helps keep the water fresh.

This afternoon was the NCSU Spring Football game. You really can’t tell anything about a team at the spring game. It’s more of an occasion to go out to the stadium and hang out for a while. Sort of ‘whetting the appetite’ for football season.

No plans for the rest of the weekend. I’ll probably just hang around and read.

I want to power wash the porch but I’m not sure if the heavy pollen is over yet. I think I’ll wait till next weekend to do that.

I also watched Michael Clayton on DVD. It won an Academy Award. It's a good movie. But it's no where near that good.

Sunday Evening Addendum

About 15,000+ showed up for the Spring Football Game. It was a lot of fun to watch.

Sunday, I decided to go ahead and start power washing the porch and deck. Rather than wait for the weekends - I think I'll do a little bit each day till it's done.

Late Sunday afternoon we had some very strong thunderstorms. Pea sized hail fell for about 10 minutes. The hail was heavy enough to cover the deck and beat my poor tulips to death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael Clayton satisfied because of its ethical victory. Not literary, as not all the good guys die :)
mike of reston