Thursday, April 24, 2008

Porch and Deck

 

 
I’ve been cleaning the porch and deck this week. Spending about an hour after work each day. It’s been at least 3 years since I’ve done this so the dirt and grime has really built up. I figure at the rate it’s taking – I should be done by Sunday.

After I finish the deck - I'll apply a weather sealant.

Smoking

It’s about 3 months since I’ve quit smoking.

I quit ‘cold turkey’.

No real plan or anything – I just decided one day that smoking was incredibly stupid; I couldn’t believe that I was actually stupid enough to waste my money and health smoking; I’d had enough; and I just wasn’t going to do it anymore.

I’ve gotten to the point where I no longer have constant cravings. But – I have been dreaming about smoking the past week – 3 so far that I remember. In each dream, I’m having ‘just one’ cigarette and feeling really guilty about it. My reactions in the dreams have been so intense that I’ve woken up.

I guess I won’t really be able to say I’ve quit until it’s been a year or more.

3 comments:

Ward said...

Congratulations Bill on quitting smoking. I think sometimes people spend to much time thinking about quitting instead of doing.

I had the dreams like you and would wake and think "Oh No, I'm smoking again." The dreams will persist but further apart - I think I even had them two or three years after quitting - but not often and they weren't troublesome.

Ward

Anonymous said...

Three months is pretty damned impressive after having smoking for 30 years. If you are stil plagued by these dreams, try to dreaming about how much $$$ you've spent in your lifetime on this nasty habit. That should fix things!

C-Dawg

Anonymous said...

..from your big sis who was worried she'd outlive you--Congratulations on having a goal and going for it. I know it's seems like a never-ending process! That makes you a real winner in life--just making steps toward a major life change.