Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday Morning

Typical weekend. Did some house cleaning. Got a haircut and the car's oil changed yesterday, which I intended to do last weekend but ran out of time. Got home in the early afternoon and watched basketball.

Today, actually in just a few minutes, I need to purchase a rod and hanger to install some stained glass in my bathroom. I've decided to take down the blinds over the tub and I ordered 3 small stained glass panels to hang up instead. That should give adequate privacy while still allowing lots of sunlight into the small room.

JN came over and watched basketball with me. We grilled hamburgers for dinner, from the birthday present my siblings and siblings-in-laws gave me. Those things from Omaha Steaks have just spoiled me.

Basketball

NC State is on a dangerous slide now. We lost, soundly, to Wake Forest yesterday. We have a 3 game losing streak (UNC, Boston College, Wake Forest) ending the regular season and going into next week's ACC Tournament. In the span of 2 weeks we've gone from solid control of second place behind Duke to fourth place. ACC basketball is tough, but we should have won at least 1 if not 2 or all 3 of those games as UNC and BC had to play in our house. And we just simply should have won at Wake Forest. I don't know what the answer is to our slide. I hope Herb Sendek can figure it out.

The UNC at Duke game last night was all it was hyped up to be. I had expected Duke to win by 10 points or more. And it looked that way when the game started out with Duke 13 - UNC 2. But, UNC stayed in the game and by near the end, had a 10 point lead of their own. Then UNC made a couple of errors and suddenly Duke was only 2 points down with a couple of minutes left to play. UNC held on to win a barn burner at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

In the ACC, we get to watch NCAA Final Four caliber games almost every week. It's awesome.

Cameron Indoor Stadium is small, old and cramped. The Duke students have made harassing the opponent into an art form. Reports have State's RBC Center the second hardest place for the visiting team to play in behind Cameron - but we're nowhere near as creative as the Duke fans.

We also watched the UNC-Charlotte - George Washington game. UNCC had the game won! But a really really stupid flagarent foul by UNCC with seconds left gave GW the opportunity to win - which they did. GW has just one loss this season - to NC State. JN and I were at that game in the RBC.

No comments: