Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Update February 27, 2011

Absolutely nothing of importance or interest happening here.

Yesterday I did my annual hot tub cleaning. It’s simple and easy, but time consuming.

You pour a full bottle of cleaning solution in the tub and then run it for about ten minutes. Then you let it soak for at least 3 hours. It cleans out debris and build up in the lines. Actually, I put the solution in Friday night and let it soak overnight.

Then, Saturday morning I drained the tub, refilled it and let it run for about 30 minutes. Then drained it again. By then it was time to leave for the State – Georgia Tech game.

Coach's Q&A after the Georgia Tech Game

Went to the Arena Club for lunch and the game with my friend Dave – which we won.

When I got home, reinstalled the filter and clorine cartridge, refilled the hot tub and put in the usual maintenance items such as enzyme control and water conditioner. It heated up nicely and was ready for use just around dark. Perfect timing for watching the stars for a while.

This morning I had breakfast in Pittsboro and went grocery shopping.

When I got back I filled up the two bird feeders (one seed and one peanuts), had my coffee and read the newspaper in the hammock.

The birds were hanging about in the trees but were too afraid to come to the feeder closest to the hammock (because I was in it). Finally a Downy Woodpecker landed on it to eat. Those guys aren't afraid of anything or anybody.

I should clean house today but I think I’m going to take the day off and do nothing. Maybe get caught up on some reading.

I’ve been slogging through The Guns of August. Tremendous history of World War I but difficult to get through. I usually fall asleep when reading it so it’s taken me over 4 weeks to get through about two thirds of it. Normally a book this length would take me a week – two tops - to read.

No comments: