Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Critter Update

My long time mama raccoon died last year. She had a long run and successfully raised a number of litters.

I've still been putting out food (dried cat or dog food and left overs) on an irregular regular basis. About 3 or 4 times a week. For a while, sometimes the food would get eaten, often not.

Starting about 2 months ago - the food bowl has been empty every morning after I filled it.

I've been keeping watch and what I have now are 2 possums and 2 raccoons who are regular visitors.

There's a large possum and a small possum - both ugly as all get out. Although the little possum is mostly whitish and kind of cute - in an ugly sort of way.

Both raccoons are large and healthy looking but one has a mis-formed tail. Kind of a bobcat type tail. It doesn't look like it was cut off or injured - looks more like a birth defect.

Bob the raccoon (with the bob tail) takes off if she sees me or hears me. The other raccoon is wary but watches me while she eats if I'm on the deck or making noise in the house.

I'll try to get some photos to post.

No comments: