Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Update - January 30, 2011

Not much going on here at Casa de Bill.

I worked last week at Appalachian State University in Boone. Pretty setting for a school although I like the setting at Western Carolina better.

It was cold in Boone. Started sleeting Tuesday night; snowed all day Wednesday; a little more sleet and flurries Thursday; and snowed all morning Friday. It was pretty but made getting around problematic.

Today at home, it's in the mid 60's and I've got the doors and windows open. Feels like spring compared to what I was working in just 2 days ago.

Hot Tub

Tomorrow the technician is scheduled to fix the hot tub. Hope that works out – keeping my fingers crossed.

Basketball

State had a 19 point lead over Clemson and ended up losing by 10. I think the stat was we were outscored 48 to 12 in the second half. Saturday – we just stunk it up at UNC.

You can tell the kids are frustrated. You can also tell by watching Coach Lowe's expression and demeanor that he knows this is his last year as head coach.

As I’ve said before – it’s sad.

I predict we will win 2 more games: at Wake Forest and at home vs. Georgia Tech. Maybe we’ll pick up another win somewhere. Possibly at Virginia.

I’ll still be at the games cheering on the team.

1 comment:

Fritz said...

Call Herb up . . . .