Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice

 

We had a pretty good winter storm Monday. Mostly ice at my house. This is what US 1 looked like this morning. I really should have waited a couple hours before driving in to work.

On Deep River Road, there's a curve that always gets very icy and slippery during winter weather. It's a combination of shade and shape and there's always problems there.

I was driving no more than 20 mph and in 4-wheel drive this morning and I got a good bit sideways going through there. In fact, I should have turned around and gone home.

I was thinking - somebody is going to come through here too fast and is going to have problems.

 

Here's the same spot this afternoon on the way home. If you click on the photo - you can see where people slid off the road (both sides).

4-wheel drive doesn't do much for you when it's solid ice.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: