Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Road

I watched The Road on DVD last night.

An absolutely awesome movie. It's heartbreakingly sad. Therefore, I do not recommend it to anybody. Watch it at your own discretion.

One of the best screenplays and lead acting I've seen in quite a while.

I'm going to go to the library to get the book.

NCSU Football

State is 3 and 0. First time since 2002. We were favored over WCU and underdogs to both UCF and Cincinnati. We won all three games decisively.

Saturday we're at Georgia Tech. I checked the USA Today odds and Tech is an 8 point favorite. Going by our youth and depth - I'd say that's about right. But I wouldn't bet against State. Our offense is every bit as potent as we were last year and our defense has been tremendously better than it was supposed to be.

GT has a flexbone option offense that is hard to defend and a quarterback who is really, really good. State is doing a lot more blitzing this year which leaves the wide receivers open for long completions. You either get to or pressure the quarterback - or you get burned for big plays.

Game time is noon Saturday, on ESPN.

It should be a good one.

No comments: