Sunday, April 11, 2010

Odds and Ends

The pollen this past week has been awful. Thursday's rain finally washed it down. Friday I swept off the porch. I couldn't believe how much pollen there was. Should have taken a photo. Of course, my sinuses went nuts Friday night and all day Saturday.

Last weekend I went to St. James to visit JN and his folks. He's got a nice little place down there.

St. J's is a huge gated community that eventually incorporated into a town. It's pretty nice. It's all about golf down there. Lot's of people walking and biking. I could live there.

JN and I spent some time hanging out at the Tiki bar at the marina. The next day we took his parent's 2 dogs over to the St. James Beach Club where they saw the ocean for the first time. They were not impressed. They were interested in digging in the sand.

I also took my Fuji bicycle down there. I haven't ridden it in years so I figured JN could use it. St. James is the perfect place to have a bicycle.

I've kept it in good shape and had it tuned up last year. Took it for a little spin - still rides like it's brand new.

I really enjoyed the Duke - Butler game Monday. What a great game. I think this year's NCAAT was the best ever.

Last night I made homemade tomato sauce with mushrooms, onion, and fresh garlic and spices. Very simple, very fresh, very good. Pasta and some homemade bread (given to me by a co-worker) with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (with fresh cracked pepper). A great dinner which took all of 20 minutes to fix up.

Let's see . . . work has been typical.

That's about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recall getting a young person to try quiche once--and to avoid intimidating him, called it "country supper pie!" LOL
mike of reston