Saturday, March 07, 2009

Weekend Update

Movie

I watched a DVD Saturday evening - The Walker. No more calls please, we have a winner. The worst movie I've watched so far in 2009.

Sunday, we watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. A good movie. Yes - an uplifting true story. But still - the movie itself was only average to good. Not great like so many reviewers would have you believe. A bit long and drawn out at times.

Computer

My laptop died a couple weeks ago. Actually, the computer is ok - the screen died. I've been able to use it via remote access.

My new Dell laptop arrived Thursday. I thought it was going to be a typical squarish laptop - but it's one of those wedge shaped laptops. The keyboard feels great. And the other buttons and touch pad are not really buttons but are a touch sensitive part of the aluminium keyboard deck.

It's pretty cool looking.

Also, a word about Vista. It works fine. To me, it's just a next generation of Windows XP. Some cool features and everything works about the way I'm used to.

So far I've been able to transfer my emails and contacts, documents and files, photos, and videos.

I think I'm not going to transfer over all my web bookmarks. I had too many anyway. I think I'll go through my bookmarks one by one on the old laptop and copy only the ones I really used.

Haven't been able to figure out how to get the built in web cam to work with gmail or google talk yet.

Wolfpack

State lost to Miami Saturday. Shouldn't have. But did.

It will be difficult to get into the NIT. Maybe we can do well in the ACC Tournament next week to help improve our odds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the printer set up is working well for you. It previously was our friend, the artist http://www.torpedofactory.org/images/artists/slack_connie/image3.html Her work really suits contemporary homes and often is found in new office lobbies. (and our dining room :) She gave it to me after she upgraded.
Think I'll send you my print orders LOL
m of reston