Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

Flew up to NoVa this morning to spend Christmas with my sister (GH), brother-in-law (CH), brother (CA) and sister-in-law.

Took the Metro from National Airport into town to see the Portraits of Power exhibition at the Corcoran Art Gallery.

Excellent exhibition.

Afterwards took the Metro to the end of the line where my sister picked me up.

We’re planning to go out for dinner and then a quiet evening at their house.

Dulles vs. National

You can look at last Christmas’ entry to get my take on TSA and Dulles Airport. IAD (Dulles) is just 2 freeway exits from where my sister / brother-in-law live. But – after last year I swore I’d never use that airport again.

This year was the first time I used National (DCA) in decades. I thought it would be a bit of a pain since I’d have to take the Metro out to where GH and CH live.

Piece of cake.

It was so smooth getting through DCA and then a short stroll right to the METRO stop that’s adjacent to the terminal upper level. The drive for my sister to the Vienna METRO station was no more effort then when they drove to IAD to pick me up.

All these years I’ve been screwing around with IAD just because it was physically closer to their house.

The mismanagement at IAD in general and the total incompetence of the TSA at IAD is abysmal. I can’t believe the difference between the way IAD is run and the way DCA is run.

It really is night and day.

I’ll never use IAD again as long as I live if I have the choice to use DCA instead.

No comments: