Saturday, August 23, 2008

Odds and Ends

Joe Biden? A good guy I’m sure. But he would not have been my first choice. Early on I was leaning towards former Virginia governor Mark Warner. But he took himself out of the lineup.

I’m not really sure who would have made the best choice. I think Evan Bayh from Indiana would have been a better choice.

One thing I know, it would not have been Hillary Clinton. Not only would she be divisive (as both a president or vice-president) – it seems she does not possess leadership abilities.

I have just finished reading an article in The Atlantic about how her campaign for the nomination failed. In addition to totally screwing up her campaign, (which shows mismanagement) - here, a direct quote from the article shows a lack of emotional equilibrium.

“. . . her advisers couldn’t execute strategy; they routinely attacked and undermined each other, and Clinton never forced a resolution. Major decisions would be put off for weeks until suddenly she would erupt, driving her staff to panic and misfire.

Clinton ran on the basis of managerial competence—on her capacity, as she liked to put it, to “do the job from Day One.” In fact, she never behaved like a chief executive, and her own staff proved to be her Achilles’ heel. What is clear from the internal documents is that Clinton’s loss derived not from any specific decision she made but rather from the preponderance of the many she did not make. Her hesitancy and habit of avoiding hard choices exacted a price that eventually sank her chances at the presidency.”


We are about to finish 8 years with an incompetent frat boy dumb ass. I certainly wouldn’t want to trade for 4 or 8 years of incompetent psycho bitch.

I’m looking forward to seeing who John McCain chooses.

Football

Football starts Thursday - NC State at South Carolina. Russell Wilson is going to be our starting quarterback. I was surprised. I figured it would continue to be senior Daniel Evans. I don’t think it really matters – we’re probably looking at 6 and 6 with either of them.

Mike Glennon will get to red shirt which is a good thing. He’s the future quarterback but he’ll clearly have to fight for the starting job next year or the year after.

Movies

Watched The Constant Gardner. Pretty good – not great – but pretty good. Also watched Brick – OK – not really that good – but OK.

No comments: