Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

1300 (1:00)

Had a 1030 flight to Washington. Got up at the usual time; did a few housekeeping chores; packed; and headed on over to the airport.

Got there in plenty of time and cleared TSA rather efficiently. Efficiency notwithstanding – TSA is a pretty much a worthless security exercise. A bloated, ineffective bureaucracy staffed by CETA employees.

OK – so much for my usual and customary griping about TSA and how my tax dollars are spent.

My flight got cancelled. The incoming plane is stuck somewhere due to the winter storms in the Midwest.

It’s beautiful weather here in Raleigh.

Anyway – rebooked on the 1430 (2:30) flight.

Which is now delayed to weather. And I’ve just been informed that it’s iffy that it will get to Raleigh.

Hmmmmm

I think I’ll go over and take a photo of this lady wearing antlers.


11420 (2:20)

Well, the plane was able to get into the air. So, I’ll be able to get to DC to visit with the relatives after all.

Dammit. Er, I mean, yipeee!

Should arrive at Dulles around 5:30 +/-

No comments: