Saturday, December 08, 2007

Braun Shaver


I really like this shaver.

I’ve used Norelco triple head shavers all my life. I got my first one for my birthday when I was 14. My latest has lasted for about 10 years. The battery finally quit recharging.

Last Sunday, I got on the interwebtubes and looked up shaver reviews. Almost all rated the Braun super duper (whatever the name / number) as the best. It costs about $160. But almost all the same sites said the basic Braun FreeControl 1775 was a very close second in performance and only cost about $50.

So – I looked it up on the BestBuy site and guess what? It was on sale. Went to BB in Cary and got it for $32. Yaaay for Bill.

I’ve been using it for a week now and I’ve decided I like it better than rotary head shavers.

Simple design. Easy to operate. Lightweight. A bit noisy though (compared to the Norelco).

Far easier to clean then the Norelco triple headers. Just pop the foil off – bush it – or stick it under the tap (washable) – let it dry – pop the foil head back on and that’s it.

With the Norelco – you had to pop up the lid – take off a holder clip – individually remove the 3 cutters and their rotor heads. Wash each one individually. Be careful to keep track of which cutter goes with which head as they get “seated” – not supposed to mix them up. Then re-assemble. Basically a pain in the arse.

I’m sold.

This Braun is an excellent shaver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your name engraved on a permanent plaque at the stadium parking--Yes--I would say THAT's your BMW :)
mike of reston