Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 13, 2007





Second day of the cruise. Yesterday was a long sea day spent moseying around the ship and catching up with the family.

Just briefly in New Orleans on embarkation day. From what I saw, the city is recovering, but I don’t think I’d really want to visit there anyway.

Today our port was Muhual, Mexico. For PR purposes, it’s billed as Costa Maya. Muhual is a tiny town of maybe 1000 permanent residents. JTN, DB and I spent the day at a beach bar and restaurant called Pez Quatros. Had a relaxing time sitting in the shade people watching, drinking, and just doing nothing.

While the NCL Sun is one of the poorer designed ships, the food is outstanding. This is the direct opposite of our last cruise on the RCCL Radiance. Great ship – average food.

DB has a suite on the front of the ship with a large balcony. The whole gang gathered there to watch us pulling into port. I expect that we’ll all do the same again tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s port is Santo Thomas de Castillo. I wonder if there’s a Santo Danny et Marlo Thomas de Castillo?

No comments: