Thursday, September 03, 2015

Football +Addendum

Finally, college football season is here.

UNC-CHeats - South Carolina

South Carolina plays UNC-CHeats on ESPN. Is there anyway possible they can both lose?

I guess I really dislike SC worse than UNC-CHeats. So I'll pull for the Tarholes to squeak out a win.

Actually, I think Carolina might be really good this year. They have really good talent - have had for the past couple of years. Their offense is pretty much the same from last year - which was actually darn good. Their defense was horrible. But with new DC Gene Chizik - they have got to be better.

Parking

We play a cupcake Saturday. Game time is 1800 (6 PM) so we might do a little tailgating.

My seats are always the same. But they do move us around the parking lot. Or threaten to move us. Don't want to get moved? Easily fixed. Just up the annual donation to the Wolfpack Club (WPF). Problem solved!

Till next year. LOL

I'm in the same spot as the last few years. But - spaces used to be 'pull in' - which were very narrow on my row. The front of the vehicles were usually in the 'road' - because the spaces weren't long enough and people also would set up tents behind or in front of their Suburban trucks - and if you needed to drive down the road - well tough cookies.

This year the WPC finally figured it out and made the spaces on the 'short' side parallel parking. And that's where they put me. It's a great space.


Looking north towards the indoor practice facility (brand new btw).


Looking south towards the gate to Trinity Road. A straight shot in and out.


And as in the last few years, not too far from the stadium.

I don't (can't) give anywhere near what the Big Time Donors give. But I have been a WPC member for 34 years now. So I guess that does count for something. I've got a really good spot. I hope I get to keep it.

Some people 'improve' their spots. This guy is at the end of the adjacent row - at the Trinity Road end. I think he's into his college football tailgating a little bit more than I am.


Nuke is driving up tomorrow for the game. Chip and Erika can't make it so Nuke's got a friend who will probably go with us.

You know, I can't even remember who we're playing. Troy? Like in Troy, Michigan? Troy from Greece?

Addendum

UNC should have won. Two end zone interceptions = 14 lost points. At least 10 for sure. Plus, there was an easy UNC interception in the first quarter that would have been a 6-pick that didn't happen.

SC did not win the game - UNC lost it. When you have 440 yards and only 13 points - that tells you something doesn't add up.

I hope UNC brings that same game when they play us at Thanksgiving.

And another thing -


Go to any WalMart parking lot in North Carolina and you'll see a few, a very few, NC State decals and bumper stickers. But you'll see a whole lot of UNC stickers.

With all the WalMart Carolina fans - how come Charlotte's Bank of America Stadium was so empty?



4 comments:

Ward said...

UHHHH Bill, I think your spell check may be broken. "Tarholes" surely is accidental, I know you really respect those folks. Congrats on the parking. As we get older it is good not to have that extra stress.

井上エイド said...

I didn't know southerners could parallel park. Maybe that's the reason the spaces are so big.

posts said...

Ward - I'll check on that. Right away! :-)

Eido - That sucker is 27 feet long! Gotta have that room for the F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed w/Tandem rear wheels. Plus shade tent.

Anonymous said...

The sports pages are the last place of pure enjoyment or frustration these days, with the rest of the paper reporting unsolvable world strife and tragedy and even in the comics, politics reign.
mike of reston