Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Odds and Ends


This was my drive from my house to US 1 Freeway this morning. Solid packed ice. Did OK though. The key was to keep a steady speed and avoid acceleration or braking.


And this was my drive home - taken in about the same place as this morning.

Picked up some antifreeze on the way to work to top off the vehicles. Don't have a measuring device so I just filled up the radiators to the brim - drove them for a little bit to warm up and mix up the fluid. Forecast is for 11 F tonight and 3 F tomorrow night. Both vehicles have been maintenanced in the last couple of months including coolant change - but adding a little can't hurt. Both radiators were pretty full but I was able to add maybe a quart each.

Watched Edge of Tomorrow last weekend. It was much better than anticipated. In fact, I kind of figured it would be . . . . crappy. Science Fiction movies tend to be, well, awful. This one was surprisingly good. Not a great movie masterpiece - but well above average. They really did a good job of presenting the time travel manipulation and with humor even. I recommend it.

It's snowing like crazy right now as I write this post. Have a nice fire going in the fireplace. Picked up KFC Chiken Pot Pies on the way home - in the oven warming up for a bit later (very yummy). Will probably get in the hot tub soon - in the snow of course. And then tonight is the UNCheats at Dook game.

If the pipes don't burst it will be a good evening.

No comments: