Sunday, September 01, 2013

I Can See the Future +Addendum




State 40 - La Tech 17

You could see Coach Doren's wide open spread offense yesterday during the first quarter. With a mobile quarterback, we scored touchdowns on the first 2 possessions. Running a quick pace, the opposing team's defense didn't know how to handle it. QB Brandon Mitchell ran the offense flawlessly. He reminded me of Russell Wilson.

Mitchell ran two long drives, 93 yards passing (3 or 3), 19 yards rushing - all in the first quarter.

Then - at the end of the first quarter - Mitchell broke his foot.

Second QB Pete Thomas will do OK - but you could see a real drop off in pace and execution.

Mitchell will be out 5 or 6 weeks. By then, Thomas and the offense will be well established, for good or average, and you normally don't put in a (essentially) new QB in unless you have a real problem to solve.

In one quarter, I think this season went from a cautiously optimistic big season of 8 and 4 or even 9 and 3 to an average season of 7 and 5 or 6 and 6 filled with 'what might have been'.

We played 11 true freshmen yesterday. Including a wide receiver and a running back who might just be 'the next big thing' for NC State football.

I'll tell you one thing - we have a team that is motivated and inspired and will play through the adversity. You could see it on the side line yesterday. Those kids were way more involved than I ever saw under T'OB.

Mitchell's injury notwithstanding - I can see the future. And it looks pretty darn good.

Thanks to Erika and Chip for going to the game with me. It's aways fun hanging out with the peeps.

House

Had the house power washed this week. It had gotten pretty gungy over the years. Man - what a difference power washing makes. It's not the pressure, it's the cleaner / detergent they spray on first. I don't know what that stuff is but it just melts the grime away. In two hours my house went from yuk to brand new looking.

Also had an appliance service call. My range quits baking and sends me error codes telling me the temperature sensor is not working. I ordered a replacement and installed it - but still keep getting the same code.

So - I called in Discount Appliance Service (top rated in Sanford by Angie's List). The new sensor checks out fine - so - he's ordered a replacement control board. That's gonna cost. Hope it arrives soon.

Camera

I've lost my Cannon camera. I have no idea where I left it. Been looking for it for a couple weeks now. Pretty sure it's gone for good.

Bought one online last night at Walmart. A Sony. Going to go get some lunch soon and will pick it up also.

I hate losing stuff. That's just money down the drain.

Addendum

So - I'm reading through the camera manual and looking at the menu of features. There's the usual settings available for macro, landscape, portrait, night time, etc. And - a setting for 'food'.

LOL

Actually - that makes sense. So many people nowadays take restaurant beauty shots of their meals.

No comments: