Sunday, November 04, 2012

Left Early

I cannot remember the last time I left a football game early. It’s been at least 10 years – maybe 20. I always stay, cheer and clap for the team to show my appreciation – especially important after a loss.

Yesterday we left about 6 minutes into the 4th quarter. I honestly cannot remember seeing such a dismal effort in years.

We are now 5 and 4. We should end up 7 and 5. Then again, we should have won today. And we should have lost to Maryland and FSU. After yesterday, sure wins against Wake Forest and Boston College are now uncertain.

We are somewhere between a 7 and 5 team - and a 5 and 7 team. Unfortunatly, this has become the norm for the best Coach TO'B can achieve.

Tom O’Brien has given us a stable, clean, slightly above 50 percent winning program for 6 years. However, the ability, passion and desire just isn’t there for him and his staff to take us to a 9 or 10 win program.

He has 3 years left on his contract.  I would like for NCSU to make a coaching change while continuing to pay TO'B what he is due. While I am angry at coaching calls and efforts this year – it is undeniable that TO'B has run a clean program and served NCSU well. He deserves a good retirement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I listened to the game on the radio. The announcer s made several comments about NCSU phoning it in. I believe they may have meant "Completely given up". The players have lost faith in TOB, and it shows. I hope they can at least compete against WFDU and not embarrass themselves again. Another great disappointment..........

CK........angry