Friday, March 23, 2012

Walter +Addendum

Posted by Picasa

Over at the Convention Center, Walter is ready for tonight's game. Kansas by 8 points is the latest line. Sounds about right.

Win or lose - I'm happy. Rather win of course. These guys have been so much fun to watch this year. The unexpected surprise is always the best.

A couple billion Chinese and Indians don't really care - but I do. So there.

Addendum


Kansas 60 - NC State 57. It was a very tough win for Kansas. State had a chance to get into a position to win at the end but we turned the ball over. The game played out pretty much according to script. Underdog State played above their heads but Kansas had just too much talent for State to overcome.

It's been a fun ride watching this team play.

For me - I became a believer at the Virginia at NC State game back in January. We lost that game by 1 point - but you could just see how State was getting better and better - and could have, should have, won that game (against a ranked team). You could feel the team dynamics coming around. You knew, in some intangible way, the Pack was starting to come back.

I remember Nuke and I were walking to the car after that game (again - which we lost) and we were excited - EXCITED - about this team.

I think those two elitist schools down the road might have some competition in the not too distant future.

CBS Story Link

1 comment:

Fritz said...

Sorry about last night . . . .

I thought NC State was playing amazingly well.

For the record: I have always thought that the statue of Walter was a little on the feminine/gayish sort of side. It might be the tights and tutu-like thing he is wearing.