Saturday, March 03, 2012

Saturday March 3, 2012

Posting this from CrossRoads Ford. Brought my Focus in for service - the check engine light came on. It's a temperature sensor and adjustment assembly thingy. Told it will be about $500. Don't know if that includes the $105 diagnostic charge just to hook the car up to a computer to find out where else one will have to spend money.

Plus, I've been here for almost 6 hours now. In fairness though, I got here at 7:05 and they don't open till 8 on Saturday.

Speaking of money . . .

Moneyball

Watched Moneyball night. A surprisingly funny and touching movie. And I don't even like baseball. But, I highly recommend.

NC State Basketball

On to a much better sport - college basketball.

State's last game is tomorrow at Virginia Tech. Supposedly State is still a possible bubble team for the NCAAT.

Frankly, I'd rather go deep in the NIT than likely lose the first game in the NCAAs.

We're so much better this year - having a winning record is an improvement. Getting to the post season is better than even hoped for. So, if we don't get an at large NCAA bid - I'm fine with that. In fact, I'm super happy to go to the NIT.

Safari

The computers here in the CrossRoads customer lounge are Apples. I like the keyboard - it has a nice feel. The mouse is ok.

I do not like Safari. Based on my experiences with it so far, it is nowhere near as good as Chrome.

Addendum

The bill came to $422. It was a thermostat assembly, presumably it includes the housing and sensor. I looked it up on the web when I got home. It looks more difficult than the old fashioned thermostats. I've replaced the older types in the past but I kind of doubt I'd have been very comfortable replacing this one.

1 comment:

井上エイド said...

The Descendants is even better.