Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yankee Joke

Calculator, Laptop and Percocet
A Winning Work Combination

Southern joke:

Q: Why are Yankees like hemorrhoids?

A: The ones that come down but go back up – you can tolerate. The ones that come down and stay - can be a real pain in the ass.


I’ve been suffering from a hemorrhoid for the past 18+ months. It’s been quite painful. Finally, my doctor said enough was enough and I had minor outpatient surgery Tuesday.

Not be too indelicate, the tiny blood vessels were weakened and the tissue gave way to tiny micro cuts (or fissures). The pain causes the muscle to spasm which prevents the blood vessels and tissues from ever healing. Which continues to cause pain – which continues to cause spasms. A vicious, painful, circle. The counterintuitive solution is to make a small incision in the muscle, which lessens the spasms and allows the tissue to finally heal up.

Recovery is typically about 2 to 4 weeks.

JTN came up to drive me to and from the hospital and to help look after me. He’s been a great help.

I’ve been working from home since Tuesday and I plan to go into the office starting Monday. At least part time anyway – we’ll see how it goes.

The surgery pain is different. And constant. I’m not much for taking pills but without the pain medication, I’d be in a real world of hurt. I take two pills every four hours. In ten minutes, all pain is gone. The downside – In 20 minutes I’m asleep. It also keeps me loopy pretty much all the time.

Rush is right - Percocet is quite a drug.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: