Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vote

I'm going to be out of town next week, so I went to early vote Saturday morning at the Board of Elections in downtown Sanford.

Here in Lee County, we briefly used touch screen voting machines but switched back to the cards where you blacken in the ovals. These things are pretty much foolproof. And, there's a written / paper ballot in case the software malfunctions and you can go back and do a hand count if necessary. Foolproof.

Anyway, there were ballots on both sides of the sheet. When I went up to feed the ballot into the scanner / counter I asked the guy overseeing the scanner if it mattered which side was up.

Election Official: "No. It will read no matter which way you feed it in."

Me: "So it's amphibious! Just like Charles Shackleford."

Election Official: burst out laughing really loud "I'll have to remember that one."

No comments: