Friday, June 19, 2009

Dexter

My friend DB gets HBO and Showtime. For years now he’s been telling me that Showtime's Dexter is a great show.

I put Dexter on my Netflix list and the first discs have arrived.

This week the roomie and I started watching it.

It’s awesome. The writing is very crisp and dry – in a very weird funny way. Even the opening credits are funny – if you pay attention. By the way – that’s a blood orange that gets cut open.

The story lines, characters, music, camera work, creativity and writing are just simply excellent.

To have come up with such an offbeat show – the creators / writers obviously could use some psychiatric help.

This kind of sums it up - While watching the third episode - Here’s the verbatim exchange between Nuke and myself:

Nuke (grinning): “You really like this show don’t you?”

Me: “Oh yeah!”

Nuke (laughing): “I knew you were a sick fucker.”

LOL

3 comments:

井上エイド said...

Mami loves Dexter too. We watch it on Fox Crime (yes, that's a cable channel) in Japan.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like it. It's interesting to listen to his thoughts as he struggles to act normal by mimicking the emotions of others. DB

Anonymous said...

"It's interesting to listen to his thoughts as he struggles to act normal by mimicking the emotions of others."

An apt description of a couple of my friends........and myself.....

C to the K