Friday, July 14, 2006

Nothing New

It’s been a week since I’ve posted anything. So – here’s a post to let everyone know that I’ve nothing to post.

Work has been typical. The usual building reports and cost estimates. Construction on various projects is humming along. When you’re driving about – look around – there’s always something being built.

At home, JN has been clearing out the undergrowth in the yard for the past couple of weeks. I have about 4 acres – heavily wooded. There’s a lot of under story growth that cuts off breezes and looks cluttered. I’ve been intending to start cleaning it up – for about – oh – 7 or 8 years. I guess JN got tired of listening to me talk about it and decided to start on it himself. In just 2 weeks he’s already made a big difference. I plan to work on it some as well this weekend.

I think we scare the neighbours. Most people will get out the hedge trimmers and pruning snips and carefully work away. JN uses a machete. I use a long handled hook tipped bush axe. We just flail away at stuff. It works. Screw finesse. LOL

(Reminder to self – need to hone a new edge on the machete)

Let’s see - next week I get a permanent crown put in (right molar).

I’ll also be out of town for work 2 days next week and the entire following week.

Saturday morning I have an appointment to take the Focus into the shop. It’s developed a spark knock at higher speeds along with a slight decrease in gas mileage.

If JN wants, we’ll go work on his house some more – but that’s up to him.

One and one-half months to the start of football. Yaaay!!!!

Unfortunately, NC State looks like we might be worse than mediocre this year. I hope not. When Amato arrived 7 years ago – I figured we’d be a perennial top 10 team by now. What happened?

Oh well. It’s only a game.

A game on which I spend almost 4 frikin thousand dollars a year on dues, donations and tickets!

Oooops. Started out to give a quick update and ended up putting myself in an ornery mood.

Like I said – nothing to post – just the usual daily stuff.

No comments: