Thursday, July 06, 2006

Answering Machine

I’ve finally given up on the high tech answering machine multi-phone system.

It worked great initially, but after a couple months, it began to display “line not found” periodically. Could be within the base unit or, speculation is, the phone line signal isn’t strong enough for the unit to pick up and amplify. I have no idea.

I bought a new, basic model, cheap, answering machine and 3 bottom of the line phones for the 2 spare bedrooms and JN’s space over the garage.

They all work.

I’ll try and get my money back for the multi-phone system but since it’s been several months, I’m not going to count on it.

If I can’t get my money back, I plan to give the system to my nephew who is very tech savvy. Plus, he lives in Cary where phone signal strength shouldn’t be a problem if that is the root cause of the malfunction.

In theory it’s a pretty nice system. Base unit with answering device and handset, speaker phone, able to transmit to a head set, yadda yadda yadda. 3 remote cordless units that pick up the signal from the base unit. When working – each remote unit can access the base unit data base of memory numbers, call history, etc.

Of course, I really want my money back. But if that isn’t to be – I hope the system is actually not broken (phone signal strength problem instead) so that ADH / family can use it.

No comments: