Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005


Thanksgiving was a quick trip.

Friday 06:15 - Went to NoVa early Thursday morning. Dinner with the family that afternoon. I'm at Dulles airport waiting for my 07:00 flight back to Raleigh.

It's always good to see the family, even for quick visits. M, as usual, cooked too much. She always wants to make sure she has something for everyone. I'd fix just a couple of things and if people didn't want to eat it, directions to McDonalds. LOL

I really wish M wouldn't work so hard to do so much. But, she ignores all suggestions in that area.

Nephew ACD is a blast! He is one happy camper and is getting to the age where he's communicating coherently and loves to play. Newest nephew WDDD is at a cool age too. He watches everything and loves to laugh. He is also getting his first 2 bottom teeth so he latches onto your fingers and tries to gum you to death.

CF and her sister YF came down from NYC, Brooklyn to be precise. CF started spending summers with M&C back when she was 12 or so. Now CF is all grown up, starting her working career, and she brought her little sister YF down for Thanksgiving. YF is a freshman at Binghamton University (SUNY?). This is YF's first trip to the DC area. CF is working this weekend for a family friend's UPS store helping out during the holiday rush. Brother-in-law, CH, is going to take YF sight seeing.

Calling my flight, I'll pick this back up when I get to NC.

09:15 - Back in NC, in the customer lounge at CrossRoads Ford in Cary. Just finished sending BA some high resolution photo's from ADDD's Christening. The files were large, 1.6 Meg each. I had to send each photo she requested individually.

Flight was practically empty and quick. So empty the flight attendent let passengers spread out and sit anywhere. Since I was shutting down the laptop, most got onboard before me. I was assigned seat 2A but a guy, with a carry on bag in the other seat, had already snagged it.

I went to the back and sat in an exit row seat.

Anyway, I'm here at the Ford place getting the radio / cd unit in the truck replaced. It's been suffering intermittent failure for over a year now and has finally quit ejecting cd's altogether.

Should be done in about an hour.

Talk about timing - as I'm typing the above sentence, the service rep came up. They have to order a replacement unit so I'm ready to go. Will have to bring the truck back in when the replacement radio arrives to have it slapped into the dash. He said they can't get the cd's to eject - but the old radio will be sent to where ever they send them and the cd's will be removed and mailed back to me.

Hmmm - up at 05:00, traveled from DC to NC, ran an errand for N, got the truck fixed (well, almost), and now ready to head home at 10:15.

Pretty productive day so far!

12:10 - Back home in the greater Moncure metro area.

Tomorrow, final NCSU football game vs Maryland. Winner goes to a bowl game. Loser stays home.

Go Wolfpack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Beer and weapons - Yeee-Haaaa - I love being a Southerner."

Now if only you had a Jeff Foxworthy CD in the truck.

Ha!

CK=)