Thursday, February 04, 2016

60 Orbits

So, after a phenomenal game and win over #15 Miami last Saturday, we went to FSU and laid an egg Monday night.

As I said in an earlier post, our game vs. Georgia Tech (first half) was the worst we've played all year - until FSU. The first half against FSU was even worse - a lot worse.

Even still, we managed to come back and darn near won (again).

Abu missed a critical easy layup that would have tied the game with about 6 minutes to go. We also went back to poor free throw shooting (again). That and we took a few panicky missed shots - we just couldn't get closer than 1 point. Credit FSU with making baskets and free throws at the end when it counted most.

I'm sure Coach Gott is pulling his hair out.

Next up - Saturday at the University of New Jersey Dook.

Home

Made it to 60 today.

I don't look a day over 59.

Average distance to the sun is approximately 93,000,000 miles. 2piR = 584,336,234 miles / year. Times 60 years = 35,060,000,000 miles. That's 35 Billion - with a B!

No wonder I'm so damn tired.

(Yes, we all know Earth's orbit is an ellipse, but we're approximating here)

Superbowl EL


I think it will be a defensive game. The Panther's O-line will protect Newton a bit more than the Bronco's O-line can protect Manning. Newton will use that edge for the win.

Heading to Chip and Erica's to watch the game Sunday (as we do every year). Chip's been trash talking Newton and the Panthers all year. I hope we win so I can give him a ton of bleep. :-)

2 comments:

井上エイド said...

Speaking of being a long way from Earth, I'll be seeing "The Martian" today (premiering today in Japan; the Japanese title is "Odyssey"... no connection the the novel "A Martian Odyssey".

Anyway, with the internet these days, it doesn't feel like you're on the other side of the planet... like it used to in the early nineties. Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Should be fun. Just hoping for a close game. Newton will have trouble with Denver's incredible D............If Catsa win, I am man enough to admit I was wrong. I just don't see the need!