Sunday, June 16, 2013

Very Quick Update

I haven't been keeping up my online Journal like I should. No reason for it - just being lazy.

So - here's a very quick update.

Power went out during Thursday's storm line. It was pretty loud when it came through. The power outage was due to downed lines on Deep River Road. I saw them the next day on my way home from work. Yeah - the power was still out more than 24 hours later.

I started reading a couple of books by the daylight out on the screened porch. It was pretty nice sitting out there. Actually, re-reading to be more accurate. I just picked a couple books at random from the shelf.

One of the books, Bully, is excellent. But the true story is depressing as it could possibly be. It's about a murder, 20 years ago now, in Florida by a bunch of High School dropouts. Motive? Money, drugs, sex? Nope - they just didn't like one of the kids in their group. So they killed him. Totally without morals, ethics, or souls - just complety empty kids.

Even worse - the description of these kid's home lives (parents) give you a clue as to how they grew up to be the way they were. You just want to line the parents up and slap the stoopid out of them. Incredable, horrific, book.

NCSU Baseball

NCSU plays UNCheats in the NCAA D1 baseball championship in a little bit.

Not a big baseball fan - but I'll be watching.

That's about it for now.

Addendum

NCSU 8 - UNC 1

Baseball is a tricky game. The best team in the nation (UNC) can have an off day - and be beat soundly.

Next games - Tuesday - UCLA vs. NCSU and UNC vs. LSU

No comments: