Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's Like Hockey, But Without the Action

Quote from my friend Jason. Talk about succinct. LOL

I’ve been watching the FIFA World Cup. Well, trying too anyway. I get bored so I end up doing stuff like unloading the dishwasher, starting a load of laundry, that sort of thing.

And, of course, the 3 teams I had picked to root for are out of the tournament.

America is a Ghana.

England was unable to repel zee Germans.

Argentina evicted Mexico.

If you want to have a good time – find a local Sports Bar (Sparks Mexican Cantina, Horner Blvd) that turns off the TV sound and instead plays the Telemundo radio broadcast.

You can’t help but get excited listening to Andres Cantor . . .

http://deadspin.com/5572603/now-heres-andres-cantor-calling-landon-donovans-gooooooooool


"Halfback passes to the center. Back to the wing. Back to the center. Center holds it, holds it . . . . holds it . . ." - Kent Brockman, The Simpsons

No comments: