Sunday, March 07, 2010

NC Port - Wilmington

Last week my work took me to the NC Port in Wilmington. It's quite an operation.

I'm a Civil Engineer, so most of my work involves buildings, streets, site work, etc. The other two guys on my team are an Electrical Engineer and a Mechanical Engineer. The EE and ME went up onto a crane - part of their jobs. I went along for the ride - so to speak.

It was cold (low 30's), heavy rain, and very, very windy. Miserable weather. In fact - the rain turned to snow and sleet for a short time while we were up there.

The first two videos are self-explanatory. The third was taken inside the machinery house up at the top of the crane. You can't tell from the video - but that sucker was moving around due to the wind gusts. A LOT!







Field work is usually pretty mundane. But sometimes, I get to see some pretty cool stuff.

No comments: