Monday, October 12, 2009

Name Branding

Name recognition and branding is important. Major corporations spend millions researching and testing when they want to rename or market a new line or product.

The local airport is about 3 miles from my house. I'm not in an approach path or anything like that so there's no noise except for the weekend folks learning to fly in piper cubs buzzing around. I enjoy watching them. Sometimes I drive over just to kill a little time and watch the various little planes take off and land.

Saturday was the first ever Family Day at the airport. I went over for a little while in the morning. The afternoon, of course, was spent watching State get it's ass whupped by Dook.

Anyway - they announced that our little ol airport was getting a new name: the Raleigh Executive Jetport at Sanford-Lee County.

Huh?

I guess there's something to be said for getting everything in the title.

Maybe they'll call it the REJ@SLC for short.

LOL

Movie Addendum

I'm watching The Man Who Fell To Earth. I've only seen it once - when it first came out in theaters.

The sound has been digitally remastered for Dolby Surround as well as THX / DTS. I've switched back to the original stereo. All the extra sound seemed out of place with the original cinematography.

No comments: